Saturday, January 30, 2010

We are going to Disneyland in May!! I haven't been in so long I can hardly remember it. But, with Disney comes crowds. We have been teaching Ethan what to do and say if he gets lost.

He knows his full name and we are working on where he lives. His address is still too hard but the we are working on the city and state unfortunately our city also has a difficult name!

Today I gave him a whistle (he calls it a "hissle"). And taught him what to do if he gets lost. He blows his whistle and yells for mama and daddy. He is also supposed to find a police man and take off his shoes.

They make these wonderful stickers for kids shoes that go on their insoles. That way their information is readily available but hidden. I highly reccomrnd getting some or just making your own with Avery labels. The Avery ones aren't as sticky and therefore don't last as long but great for a trip or outing.

But the purpose of this post is how upset this whole process is making me. I don't plan on losing any child...ever. But planning for the just in case moments makes my heart ache.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your ID card on Ethan that you keep with you.... Current photo and details down to the mole on his tucsh!