Friday, January 29, 2010

Laundry or Nakedness, and other randomness

I got a new program for Cricut today and I just have to say that I love the guts out of it already. Sure Cuts A Lot is the best program out there. I used to have a die cut machine - you know those ancient things where you had to do it all by hand. I thought that was the best invention ever. Boy was I wrong!! With Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) I can cut anything I can find on the internet. Any font, any picture, any thing I want!!! It's possible that I have already gone a little crazy and vinylized (I don't think that's a real word) a few things. I found this for my laundry room and it totally puts into words how I feel about doing laundry

Laundry Today
---------or--------
Naked Tomorrow
Of course, I have it in a much cuter font - but still! Laundry is my nemisis. Every time I try to sit down and fold laundry something more fun beckons me. My scrapbooking, sewing, cleaning fetish, or I simply get too engrossed into my television show. It is possible that there has been a wekk or two where we have lived out of baskets because of my unwillingness to fold laundry.
I had the opportunity last night to referee two YW Girls Basketball games last night. One of them was my own ward's team (two girls showed up so we borrowed a few from the other team) and the next one was another ward where I was friends with the coach. It was horrible. Not in the sense that the girls were bad or anything - but in the sense that it was utter madness. I found myself wondering if that was how I looked back in the day.

I thought we had decent talent in our ward when it came to the sports department in my day. Two of us went on to play High School basketball. Three of us played competitve league softball. And a few of the others weren't so bad either. But then there were a couple of girls last night who definitely thought they were good too. Was that what I looked like?!? Probably. I have been out of Young Womens for almost ten years now. Ten years!!
I still feel like I belong in Young Womens.
My husband's new church calling is Young Men's Basketball. He says they aren't the hot side either. I believe one of the men in our ward said that they it looked as though all our YM had come straight out of Napolean Dynamite. Do people just not play sports anymore! Jacob swears these kids have done nothing but play nintendo their entire lives. How can that be possible?!
Though we do have two gaming consoles in our home they are rarely used. Jacob grew up with nintendo in his home and he had alot of fun playing with his brothers and friends. BUT - he played a ton of sports too. He played basketball, baseball, and biked most days and definitely more than he played nintendo. Something seems a little backwards these days. Is it just me?

1 comment:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Still laughing with the laundry quote. Sadly...how true it is to my heart. Ha ha ha

And you were (and are) way better then the girls. I swear we were better...weren't we? :s