Sunday, January 17, 2010

An Airplane...

Poor Jacob. Really though, poor Jacob. This last Tuesday he was being a good Daddy. Playing with his kid. Being at the bottom of the 'doggie pile' when we had an accident. An actual accident. A plane accident. While at the bottom of the doggie pile, Ellie was off flying a little toy airplane we have. When we got this plane the nose tip was as sharp as sharp could be. I took it outside and promptly rubbed it on the driveway to dull the tip. It was a good thing too! Ellie came closer and closer untill...she flew the airplane right into Jacob's eye. He didn't blink or anything. He never thought she would actually fly into his eye!!


It's possible he swore and then ran into the bathroom to check out his eye. He couldn't even open his eye at all. We ran to the eye doctor's on the other side of town where we were informed that Jacob had three large scratches on the center of his eye. He patched him and sent us home saying that the only thing to do is wait untill it gets better. He had to keep both eyes closed because the light was too much for him to handle. He slept pretty much the rest of the day.


I know it's a horrible picture but I can't find my camera and I had to use my phone!

It took three days before he could open his eye enough to see and even then we kept the lights dim and if we outside he had to wear my sunglasses!

Ellie is no longer allowed to fly airplanes!!

2 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Aaarrrgh matey! (Just had to throw that in there). But poor Jacob. That would hurt. Glad he's back and seeing 20/20 again.

McKell said...

Oh...poor poor Jacob. That story kind of makes me sick. Anything with the eye....ouch! I hope he's doing ok. Let us know if you need anything. Let's play soon too!!