Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does anybody else out there always have the urge to spend money!! It seems to me that everything I can think of doing, wether it's for me, the kids, or the family, costs money!! Not that we don't have a few dollars to spend but I would really just like to find some fun things to do with my kids and family that cost me precious coins.
Any ideas out there?
On a separate note - Jacob's eye is totally and completely healed.
Ellie is no longer allowed to fly airplanes.
This week I am trying to create a reversible "Happy Birthday" banner with some lovely fabric I have laying around. One side is boy colored and the other side is girl colored. I have everything cut out except my stitch witchery for the letters (hopefully that will get done during nap time). Ethan's birthday is Feb 7th so I need to have it done by then. I hope it turns out!
Jacob and I have had a New Years goal of exercising. We even bought a new treadmill with our Christmas money. We each run or jog (walking briskly counts too) atleast a mile a day. This had been going on for three weeks now. I have lost two pounds. Now I know that losing weight takes time and building up that metabolism will take forever but geesh. I have no patience to begin with!! Let alone when it comes to self improvement!! My butt is no tighter now than when I started. But I must say - I am doing better than my mom
(who I am in competition with). She has lost 0. Then again she is 50.
Not much to brag about - beating a 50 year old when I have only lost 2 pounds!!
It has been slowing like crazy for about the last week. Our house is in the back a cultesac so when they come plow they push all of the snow up onto our front yard. We have a huge mountain of snow about 10 feet high. About a week ago we "made" steps up the side and made into our own personal sledding hill. Now we don't have to go anywhere to go sledding.
Ethan loves it.
Also, it seems that we have lost our camera. I am definitely upset about it but secretly happy as well. I have wanted a new camera ever since my kids started moving. All of my pictures of them are blurs. I am hoping that this will get me that new camera I want! but untill that happens there will be no pictures here!

1 comment:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

I'll have to come check out the sledding hill/slide. Sounds awesome. And I can't wait to see the birthday banner AND your new camera. (I LOVE new cameras...and there is always good deals). :)