Monday, March 31, 2008

I know it's been a while but we have been fairly busy. Not with anything specific just alot of little stuff. One new item to note though is that Ethan put his forehead nearly through our front window and now we have to replace it. So if any of you drive by and see that we have duck tape on our window it is because Ethan cracked the small pane. We could just replace the one pane but the window is so old that we decided to just replace the whole thing. We are going to be doind that here in the next month as soon as there is a nice enough day that I don't have to worry about freezing with no window or having it rain or snow on us!

I hate that it snowed last night and now we have snow on the ground. I am so ready for Spring to be here that my teeth hurt. I am tired of wearing coats and I am ready for short, flip flops, and yard work.

Ethan is growing like a stinking weed and we can barely keep up with him. He is wearing 2T and 3T clothes and he is barely 14 months in a few weeks. I am severely worried that he will literally eat us out of house and home. Already today he had two scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, an eggo, and half a banana just for breakfast. He ate an entire easy mac with an entire hot dog cut up and mixed in and then he had a fruit bar and cheerios for a snack in between. He is not a large kid just very hungry ALL THE TIME! I think he eats more than Jacob and I do put together. He is cute though so we will deal with it and hope that is just a growth spurt that he is going through and our grocery bill will slow down to atleast $250 a month!!

I filled out all of the paperwork to get back into school and sent off my FAFSA for approval. I should hear back on them both fairly soon and am very anxious to start college again. i get my entire history major here at the extension in Brigham and then I get nearly my entire teaching degree here as well. The only thing I won't be able to get is my student teaching classes. Those I will have to get on campus in Logan but that is a long way off and Jacob is hoping to transfer to the Logan Post Office as soon as there is an opening anyway.

We are excited for the Front Runner Trax Train to start on April 26. If it starts early enough (5 am) then Jacob will be able to ride it to work. If that is the case then it will save us nearly $160 a month in gas and that would be so nice I can't even explain it!! I have that so much of our money revolves around the price of gas and that we have to be very careful about where we drive because our budget only allows for so much in fuel. One day we will have all the money in the world - right??

2 comments:

Carin said...

I can totally relate to the food! I am amazed at how much a one year old can eat! Crazy! That is so cool about the front runner! YAY.. I am so looking forward to having the metro close by us next year. :) I always feel like I am wasting my money when I buy gas.

Rhonda said...

I remember when Annelise got really mad at Katie and threw a heavy little do-dad at her, but, Katie ducked and it missed her, however, it went right through the first pane on our two panes window. It still isn't fixed and probably never will be.