Monday, April 14, 2008

This has been a pretty uneventful week. I decided that Ethan was not eating enough fruits and veggies so what I have been doing most of the past few days is trying to find ways to trick him into eating anything good for him. I cut up his string cheese and then also add cut up pears or apples (beacuse they all look the same). When he gets one of the pears or apples he puts it in his mouth and then it comes right back out again. I'll have to keep trying and see if they start staying in after a while. I did find a way to get him to eat broccoli and califlour though. Ethan loves pasta so when I make it for him I just add a little bit of broccoli and he doesn't even notice that he is eating it. I also blend up the califlour and mix it in with his scrambled eggs in the morning and he doesn't know the difference. I tried to give him a strawberry and he wouldn't have any of it. But if I put it in the blender with one banana, a few other strawberries and some milk then he will drink it through a straw for a great afternoon smoothie!

FrontRunner starts on the 26th of this month and we are excited to see if it will work with Jacob's work schedule. If it does it will save us nearly $150 a month in gas. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

Hey, if anyone out there reading this has any ideas on easy, quick meals, for dinner I would love to hear them. I need them to be fairly inexpensive too. Alot to ask, I know....but still!

4 comments:

Carin said...

Thanks for all your great ideas. I am definately going to try them. I have a friend that is an amazing cook down here and she e-mailed me a bunch of her recipes. Some of them are pretty quick, easy, and cheap to make, but they are all really good meals. If you send me your e-mail, I will send you all of them. (You can e-mail it to me if you don't want to post it: carinlarson@hotmail.com) I am always on the lookout for good meal ideas.. Also kraftfoods.com has a monthly magazine of meals they send out. Just sign up at kraftfoods. Thanks again! :)

Rhonda said...

Like your friend said... Kraftfoods.com is GREAT and www.tasteofhome.com is so awesome. They always have down to earth and easy recipes.

See you in August. Can't wait.

Toni Y said...

I find this totally AMUSING!!!! Michele is the daughter goes to the restaurant and orders a hamburger without onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles or anything else. Usually the waitress can't keep up with her so Michele just says "Just the bread and meat please"! Of course that was when she actually would eat the hamburger instead of "hiding" it behind the stove when she was no longer hungry! Good luck Michele.

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

One of my favorite recipies: Hamburger Mac & Cheese Casserole:

1 box Mac & Cheese
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Saltine Crackers
1 lb ground beef
1 onion (if you want)

*Brown the beef with the onion
*Cook just the noodles of the mac & cheese and drain
*Add hamburger, noodles, soup, and cheese packet and stir in a 9 x 13 pan. Crush saltines and put on top.

Cook @ 350 for 25 minutes.

(If it's a little dry add about 1/2 C milk...I've never had to do this)

Super easy and delicious!