Sunday, March 9, 2008

This week has been a fun one for Ethan and myself. He is finally over his many ailments that he has had just since the new year. Between RSV, tubes in his ears, and then tonsilitis we have had quite a busy new year. But yesterday was the first day in many that he has felt completely well (which also means that he has slept well) and he has been the happiest little boy. I have gotten more done these last few days during nap time than I have in the past month. I am almost all caught up on my scrapbooking and I am working getting the basement clean so that we can spend our summer down there.



As a result of feeling better he has been wearing himself out which is just great! This cute little picture is of him as he fell asleep on our bed after church one day. How cute is he! He was so tired from running around after church that he just dropped dead on our bed and was out like a light. And, of course, with that cute little bum in the air.



My mom bought him these sweet "Buster Brown" shoes for his birthday. They are supposed to help him walk correctly. Jacob affectionately calls them Ethan's "Temple Shoes". Despite how awful they look on him without pants on he loves to wear them. He will run into his bedroom and pull them out of his drawer and make us put them on him. I am not sure why he likes them so much more than of his other shoes but we can't go anywhere without them. He even wears them over his footsie pajamas right up untill we have to get him into bed.


Ethan is eating all adult food these days. As soon as he was old enought we started getting him to eat new foods. In this picture he is having noodles, tuna, and carrots. I know it sounds like a horrid combination of foods but loved it! Not to mention, we love it too. Not having to buy special food just for him is a life saver and a money saver. We don't buy any of that pre-packaged toddler food like they have on the commercials. First: they are way too expensive. I know they are only like 1 or 2 dollars but the way this kid eats he would eat two at every meal. Second: He doesn't like them. and Third: I kind of think that the food I make for him is a better quality.


One of the other new trends that I am liking these days is that he LOVES to feed himself! That means that I can actually eat too! I make him his food and put him in his highchair. Then I get to make me some food too and to be able to sit down and eat at the same time while Jacob isn't home is like a blessing from heaven. If there are any moms out there who understand then you know how precious that time is! It does make a larger mess but only on his face which I have always had to wash after he has been eating. The other things he has started doing is "eating like a big boy". We can longer cut up his banana and and he will eat the slices. We have to peel some of the banana and then hold it out for him while he takes a bite from it. Just like the big boys do. It is so cute to watch!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

All right, those are some seriously adorable white shoes.... just hope he doesn't get beat up in nursery when he goes.

Anonymous said...

Dang right those are the best shoes EVER!!! All my kids had a pair just like them.

By the way, bum up in the air? Ring a bell Michele? That was your sleeping position until you got married!

Love Mom