Saturday, April 25, 2009

After a lot of whining from a few people here are some pictures from the last few months. They are in reverse because I don't have the energy to switch them all around!

Here is Ethan with his Easter basket. We really don't go all out on Easter gifts because we feel he gets enough throughout the year without having to add to every holiday. Easter for my family has never been a gift holiday - it's always been about church, the Savior, and the Resurrection.

We did have an Easter hunt this year. Last year Ethan just didn't understand. This year he absolutely loved it!

For a week afterwards he would run outside and started looking for eggs. It would take forever for us to convince him that there were no more eggs to be found.

Here he is with his Easter bucket. Yes, bucket. Apparently boys use buckets. Not baskets.

Here is my little Ellie girl in her new Easter dress and coat. She is so cute! And I know the bow looks funny right on top of her head but some two year old girls would die to have enough hair to put a little bow in it!

This is the only somewhat decent picture I could get of both kids together. Ethan was not happy at all about being in the picture. He wanted to take the picture with Grandma.

Isn't she cute!
One week we would have super cold weather and the next would be three feet of snow. It was unreal. Something Ethan really loves to do is splash in the water in Grandma's gutter. This just reminds me why we decided to move back to Brigham. We couldn't do this with our cute boy in Salt Lake. He loves to play outside and we can't wait for warm weather that will last a little while!
When it did snow we had to build a snowman. It was a lot of powder so our snowman ended up being a snow blob but Ethan loved him just the same. He had to give him a kiss.

The snow was really deep. Poor little Ethan could barely move because of the clothes I made him wear and then you add in two and a half feet of snow and we had to lead him through our trails so that he wouldn't get buried under all the powder!

We blessed Ellie March 1, 2009 at my Mom's house. Jacob had to work that Sunday so we couldn't do it in Church. Our little family is growing! Ellie was blessed in my blessing dress that my Mom had made for me.

This is Papa B - Ellie's Great Grandpa.

Here is Ethan's "birthday party" - and yes we are at Taco Time. Grandma chose the site. He loved it and ate he also loved my burrito. We bought him some of his own food but the grass (and burrito) is always greener on the other side.

Grandma bought him some choo choos that he absolutely loved. That is why they are in such a blur. He couldn't stop moving them and shaking them he was so excited to get them home and play. with them.

Tonight Jacob and I are going to the Jazz/Lakers playoff game with Sam and Craig. We couldn't afford really great seats but we are in the lower section of the upper bowl. Don't get me wrong - I will still have to wear my glasses to the players clearly but it will still be fun to go to a playoff game. We are really excited. Jacob and I plan to eat at the Red Iguana there in downtown Salt Lake. If you haven't eaten there and are in the area I highly recommend it. Every time we go there is a line out the door to get in. It is some of the best Mexican food I have ever had!

4 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Those pictures were so cute. I've never seen Ellie's church jacket--adorable! And totally jealous of going to the Jazz game tonight! Ugh! Have fun.

Shawna said...

Ellie is so cute! And yes, Jocelyn would be one of those girls completely jealous of having enough hair to a bow in her hair. We're glad to have you guys back in Box Elder. We'll have to get everyone together soon!

McKell said...

I'm so glad you put pictures on Michele! It's sad, but we still haven't seen Ellie in person... The time we planned to go see her is when we had a crazy snow storm. Let's get together soon k? And I can't get over how CUTE Ethan and his hair is, that is the cutest hair cut ever and I love how blonde his hair is! You guys just have adorable kiddies!! :)

Trent, Heather & Briggs said...

Isn't it great when they start understanding more about the holidays and what not. Easter was a big hit with Briggs just like with Ethan. We need to get the boys together to play once you guys get all settled in. Oh and Ellie is a doll, I love her little church attire...so cute.