Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yesterday the whole family went to I Street in Salt Lake to see Jacob and his brother Phillip mountain bike. We haven't been able to see him ride in quite a while because it is hard for the kids to not run crazy outside!
It was nice though. Ethan thoroughly enjoyed being outside with his cute little cousins and surprisingly, Ellie was happy for two hours in the baby carrier on my back!



This is just one of the many jumps up on I Street. The guys spend alot of time and energy to make the jumps.



Now here are three cute little kids! All watching their Daddy's ride their bikes and doing some awesome jumps.



Here is Jacob taking just one of the many jumps that are up there.

He just got this new bike and this was only his second or third time riding it.

He got the bike because he agreed to get his wisdom teeth out for a research study and therefore get paid for it - that is how he is paying for his new bike!

All in all - everyone did really good. Nobody crashed, we got some good pictures, the kids were happy to play outside, and I got to be outdoors for a little while!

2 comments:

the boy and girl. said...

Sweet pictures! And your blog title picture is so cute! I wish the discs would work on my computer so I could post some! Arg! I thought mountain biking was just going and down a hard mountain, not doing crazy jumps! That's awesome!

Carin said...

Michelle,

Try the hot sauce! We tried everything to discipline Zenock... time out, locked him in his room, we even spanked him. Nothing was working. I was going insane and was seriously ready to just beat him. I was on the phone with my Mom and she said she tried hot sauce once with my brother. We just give him a drop of hot sauce. Sometimes we will just put a little bit on our finger and put it on his tongue. A small taste is all it takes... and he hates it. I have also heard of using alum (the spice you put in pickles to make them bitter.) We use Franks red hot sauce. I even sometimes take it with me when we go to the store! So far it has worked great! You'll have to let me know if you try it and if it works. :)