Sunday, October 11, 2009

Life has been crazy!!

We have some illness lately that has taken over my life a bit. Nothing serious, just constant ear infections and tonsilitis that we can't seem to get rid of. I feel like I live at the doctors office and I am personally paying for the new truck he was talking to me about buying at our last visit. I really our Dr. - he is awesome with the kids. Whatver Dr. Lish tells Ethan to do: Ethan does! That's how we got him to eat apples; Dr Lish said to eat apples and gave him at a recent appointment. Now he loves apples!!

Ellie got tubes in the last part of September. She hasn't had a problem with her ears but she has tonsilitis that isn't going away. One more week of trying to get better and then the tonsils come out!! For heavens sake - I just got the bill for the tubes!!

The tube in ethan's right ear fell out and he immediately got an ear infection. We are just waiting for him to get another - it's inevitable.

I did buy a new first aid tool that I amrather happy with and I think every parent should invest in. It's called Ear Check Monitor. It was rather pricey at $61.99. But our FSA covered it and it works wonderfully. I even took it in the doctors office to see what he thought and he said it would well worth the money for our ear infection prone family. It sends sound waves into the ear and reads the return wave - telling you if there is fluid in the ear. I would recommend it to anyone who has a child that gets ear infections.

We ordered ethan's Halloween costume this weeks. We gave him a couple of choices and he chose Spiderman. So thanks to the wonderful world of eBay, spiderman should be here sometime this week - and at a fraction of the cost of department store/professional costume website spiderman.

Ellie is going to be the cutesy little fairy ever! She has a tutu, tights, cute top, wings, flowers, and sparkly candy bag and all. Her cute best friend, Kaylee Fuller, is going to be a fairy too. I will have to post the pictures of the two of them together on Halloween.

This is the first year we are letting Ethan actually go trick-or-treating. I am kinda excited for him to go - o just really hope Jacob can get the night off. It makes me sad to think he might miss ethan's first time out.

Today is the real reason I am writing though. Of course, ot is fast Sunday today. And every time a woman, and occassionally a man, gets up and starts to cry, ethan turns to me and says, "matter, mama?". Well today he did just that. When I said that the lady was happy, he said, "Ethan happy too?". So when I asked him if he wanted to go up there his cute little face just lit up and he said yea mama!! So when she was done he joes out into the aisle and yelled "come on mama!!" as he ran up to the stage. When we got up there I helped him and he ever so quotely whispered it unto the microphone. I dot think anyone could hear him at all!! It was just the cutesy thing ever. An so, today, is the first timey little bore his testimony in sacrent meeting. I love it when the kids stand up so I am so happy that he was excited to do that. He is a sweet little boy!!

1 comment:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Ugh! We had a little mishap here at the Christensen household that made us miss sacrament. (Expect a post about that soon).
Excited for the Halloween pictures. They're going to be oh so cute!