Thursday, November 6, 2008

It has been a crazy week! So I'll start at the beginning.

The three of us drove up to Brigham on Friday (pictures will have to come later!) and had a great time playing show and tell and visiting all the Grandmas.

Saturday my sister-in-law, Samantha, and cousin, Katie came to moms house so we could all make peanut brittle which has kind of become a yearly tradition for us. Everything went really good and we only ruined three batches!!

On Sunday I went to my friends baby blessing for her new little girl. It was great and the baby was so cute!!

We drove home Sunday after church and all was good - or so we thought!!

Monday morning Ethan started throwing up. Poor little boy! He was miserable and I was miserable because not only was he sick but he had thrown up all over the couch and our bed. I talked tomom and dad and apparently Samantha, Katie, and Mom were all in the same condition as well.

By Tuesday afternoon Jacob and I were in and out of the bathroom every 20 minutes and throwing up just as often. Ethan was doing better but dehydrated. Finally Tuesday night I called my visiting teacher and she took me to Lakeview Hospital. When I got there I was furious!!! They refused to treat me because I was 34 weeks pregnant. Does that sound right to you? I was mad. They said they were reluctant to treat me because they didn't know me. So they sent me still dehydrated and very sick. I plan on calling and complaining.

By the morning I was at my doctors office in Ogden with an iv. While I was there Jacob drove Ethan to Primary Childrens where they put both of them on an iv. They both went through two bags each and I went through three bags. We were all sent home with anti-nausea medicine and orders to drink, drink, drink!

We are all feeling better now but are just exhausted from being totally dehydrated for two days and just from being so sick. I am so glad it's over and I hope we never have to be that sick again! Especially at the same time.

3 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Sorry I didn't get to tell you goodbye on Sunday but it was so fun seeing you and Ethan. Sounds like your week has been awful but I'm glad you are all back to health and fully hydrated!

Katie (Feuz) Nielsen said...

Ugh...there were a few hours I thought I was really going to die. It's all Toni's fault.

Rhonda said...

btw...in case you didn't know...I am glad you all are on the mend now.

Take care of yourself Michele.