Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ethan is the most awesome little boy ever. I think I have posted about this before but I am just amazed at him!

Every time we are getting ready for nap time or bed time we are usually out in the front room. That's where we play, rough house, and everything else in the world. All we have to say to him is "Ethan. Do you want to go na-night?". And off he runs into his bedroom.

He climbs up onto the love sac which is by his bed. We have some books that we keep near by and while we are still making our way into the bedroom he picks out a story to read.

We sit down with him and he gets puppy and his blanket, read the story and then he crawls into bed all by himself. We tuck him in, kiss him, and leave him to fall asleep.

He falls asleep without a sound and without moving from where we left him. What two year old is excited for bed time let alone nap time?!?!

Today during nap I went through our routine and once I laid him down I checked the mail. It maybe took me three minutes at the most. I looked in his room and he was out like a light. He hadn't moved a muscle and slept for two hours. Could life be any better?

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nap nap time was my saving grace. Susie never took naps and Eli gave them up so early at just a little over 2.

Oh well...I still made them have "quiet time" for an hour.

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

What a sweet boy. I hope Kaylee is as awesome as Ethan. And I'm glad everything went well with Ethan at the hospital. I bet that was pretty scary, did they every let you know why he had a problem? Anyway, the hospital gown is super cute.