Thursday, April 1, 2010

Projects

This is Ellie's Easter dress. I have never done smocking before was very worried how it would turn out. Just so happens that it isn't difficult. Just takes time. A LOT OF TIME.


These are their Easter bags I made. I am one of "those people" who actually buys their kids presents for Easter. I knew someone who bought their kids a new bike every year. My kids get chalk, bubbles, a few treats from me. Grandmas are another matter that I do not take credit for. (My kids don't get things for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's, the 4th of July, or President's Day either!!!)


Anyway, they do get a small basket but since they don't get that untill Sunday, I needed something for all our hunts that came before then. I found this adorable fabric by Moda and had to have it. I am using my leftovers from this project plus some others for a sweet SPRING banner that I am working on too.


I am making these flower balls for Ellie's room. I am sure you guys have seen them everywhere by now but let me tell you - they take forever to make.
I have one done out of three. One small, medium, and large ball. I have the small one done.
Oh my, maybe they will be done by her 16th birthday!!

2 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Ellie's dress looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see her in it. The fabric is so pretty too. You seriously are amazing.
The bags are super fun. Perfect for church too.
I need to see those flower balls in person. They look awesome. But I wouldn't expect anything less from you. ;)

McKell said...

AWESOME job my Crafting Friend!! :) You really did such a fabulous job on her dress! And those easter totes are so cute too. Mark my word...we WILL finish those dang balls!!