Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ellie is here!!

I went in to be induced on Friday afternoon. By the time I got all the paperwork done I didn't get my IV untill around two. My doctor, Kathy came at five to break my water but because I needed four hours of penicillan (for my GBS) she didn't actually break my water untill seven.

Immediately after that I wanted my eidural! I had it within the next half hour but it wasn't working. He came back three more times to up my dosage. In the meantime I was feeling every contraction and it was not fun. I never planned on giving birth naturally so I didn't take classes for it or learn breathing or anything.

Kathy finally arrived and literally one contraction before I started pushing the epidural kicked in! I gave three pushes - two for her head and one for her shoulders and I was done.

Elizabeth Jean Barker was born December 12, 2008 at 9:33 p.m. She weighed 7 lb. 5 oz. And was 19 inches long.

We came home Sunday morning and Ethan came home Sunday night after spending the weekend with both sets of grandparents. We really missed our sweet little boy while he was gone!

The first thing he wanted to do was hold Ellie and he did such a good job. He was very soft and just giggled at every little move she made. If I put Ellie down to sleep he cries because he wants to know where the baby is at all times. They are best buddies already.

She had a hard time nursing our first night home but after getting some great advice from Aunt Rhonda who is La Leche certified and had five kids of her known, Ellie is nursing much better and my chest is no longer in great pain. Thanks Rhonda!!!

She has her week check-up on Thursday and then her Great Grandparents from Arizona are going to be here on Sunday so we are very excited to have them here.

I will have to post her pictures later because I am typing this in 10-15 minute incriments on my phone while trying to nurse! One day I will be more efficient and get more done but today is not that day!!

2 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Glad all went well...eventually when the epidural finally kicked in. Sounds like you are doing great and you are handling 2 kids like a pro. 2 KIDS!!! I can't believe it, you are the bomb. Ethan was a babe at church. Can't wait to meet Ellie!

McKell said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see little Ellie! When would be a good time to come see her? Maybe this weekend?? I'm glad everything went well for ya :)